Fogal Family Genealogy
||THIS SITE RESEARCHES THE DESCENDANTS|
JOHN FOGAL (1796-1876)
CATHARINE AMELIA PROVOST (1800-1866)
THE TOTAL NUMBER OF INDIVIDUALS WILL EVENTUALLY EXCEED 500
PICTURES OF MANY OF THE PEOPLE WILL BE AVAILABLE
The primary family line is FOGAL
A secondary family line is PROVOOST/PROVOST
of which considerable genealogical research has been done by
Edwin R.Purple and
Andrew J. Provost Sr.
in the 19th century.
The coat of arms and the motto "Pro Libertate" were borne by the
family in ancient times. They were borne during the American colonies'
struggle for independence, by Rt. Rev. Bishop Samuel Provoost. He
took a decided part in favor of liberty and was elected chaplin of Congress,
serving for many years. He also was the first Episcopal Bishop of New York.
Much appreciation is extended to other
Some other closely associated surnames are:
Brockner, Briggs, Curtis, Donlon, Gedney, Knapp, Stolar/Stoller, Taylor, Tyte
Edwin Ruthven Purple (1831-1879)
- From the Catharine Amelia Fogal (1821-1876) Family Line
- - - - Eibhlin Eilis MacIntosh
- From the John Provost Fogal Jr. (1824-1899) Family Line
- - - - Everett Morton Fogal
- - - - Richard Donald Fogal
- From the George Provost Fogal (1828-1913) Family Line
- - - - Russell Warren Knapp
- - - - Sean Darling
- - - - Carol Ann Fogal-Pratt
- From the Alonzo Fogal Sr. (1838-1921) Family Line
- - - - Douglas William Fogal
Biographical and Genealogical Notes of the Provost Family
Reference filmed on Family History Library (FHL) #1,018,884 item #12
Reference filmed on Family History Library (FHL) #1,321,284 item #8
Andrew J. Provost Sr. (1834-1925)
Biographical and Genealogical Notes of the Provost Family from 1545 to 1895.
Reference filmed on Family History Library (FHL) #1,036,392 item #2
e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Most recent revision Wednesday, August 18, 2000